ENJOY BOTH OF KECIA'S COURSES "CORALIE ARTFOAMIES DOLL" & "MIXED MEDIA DOLLS" TOGETHER AND AUTOMATICALLY SAVE 15% OFF !
Description for "Coralie" ArtFoamie Doll:
Are you someone that loves to settle into your art studio or space, and get lost in the joy of creating? How about with the guidance of an experienced artist and instructor? This course is your chance to work alongside the very talented Kecia Deveney. She will open up the doors to whimsy and creativity while she teaches you to create a Coralie “ArtFoamie” doll from start to finish.
In this course Kecia teaches:
- The best muslin or fabric to stamp on
- How to create with the “Coralie ArtFoamie” stamp
- Kecia’s favorite supplies and materials or (whatever is in your studio)
- How to choose your fabric color palette
- How to paint on the fabric
- How to add details of expression with pens and inks
- How to hand sew with embroidery floss, creating texture and dimension
- How to add the batting, felt backing, and stuffing
- How to create arms
- How to close up the doll so no one knows where your stitching starts and stops
- A BONUS section on how to create a crown for your Coralie “ArtFoamie” doll
Kecia demonstrates how to use her personally designed “ArtFoamie” stamp as a template while encouraging you to add your creative voice to each doll you create. Kecia pulls out all the stops when it comes to sharing her tips, techniques, and tricks for making her signature fabric dolls. This course is for any level. It has so much information for guiding you to create countless Coralie “ArtFoamie” dolls as gifts or for your own collection.
Included in this course is a PDF for download of Kecia's favorite supplies and resources as well as a link to purchase your own Coralie "ArtFoamie" stamp and her accessories.
Description for Mixed Media Dolls:
Have you ever seen a unique and artistic doll displayed somewhere and thought how can I make that? Do you have a collection of art supplies and wondered how to use them in a creative way while making a one-of-a-kind mixed media doll? If you answered yes, we now have the course for you. Kecia Deveney is bringing her latest course “Mixed Media Doll” exclusively to Create Arts Online and we are thrilled to share it with you.
Kecia is a creative genius with so many tricks and tips to share, and we have them all here for you in this course. One of Kecia’s super powers is her engineering skills when building her dolls. Kecia loves to experiment with different materials and she is always finding new ways to add an extra special touch to her creations.
In this course you will learn:
- How to create the head and body with simple materials
- How to cut and form the body parts
- How to cover the head with texture and add a vintage effect
- How to create the facial features that add personality and expression
- How to create a niche for a personal touch
- How to add collage and fabrics to the doll for a more unique look
- Kecia’s “Mixed Media Engineering” tips that bring all the parts together
- Kecia’s simple yet endearing method for building the arms
- A BONUS section for adding whimsical wings to the doll
- How to add final details that make your doll special and unique
This course is for any level of creator. Whether this is your first doll-making experience or you are a seasoned maker, learning and creating with Kecia “by your side” will allow you to make countless dolls with your own creative voice.
Included in this course is Kecia’s list of the suggested materials and resources for download. Kecia believes that you can create dolls with just about any material. There is a good chance that you may already have all you need in your studio or art space, so let’s get creating!
Kecia Deveney is a mixed media artist based in the Jersey Shore channeling her life experiences into whimsical works that playfully distort our reality. She incorporates fabric, textiles, jewelry design, sculpture, and painting into a colorful eclectic practice that seeks to inspire others to acknowledge their inherent creative spirit. A self-taught artist, she rejects the rules and notions of fine art in a vibrant juxtaposition of figuration and abstraction with an emphasis on textured visceral works.
While art had always fascinated Kecia, she discovered her talents when she relocated from her California home to coastal New Jersey. While building her new life, she took to engaging with craft, design, and the visual arts to transform her living space into a wonderland of her own creation. Spending most of her days as a caregiver, her art became an outlet. Embracing the unusual, she continued to expand her practice. She was met with a positive response as others fell in love with the imaginative worlds she invited them to explore. As her acclaim grew, she became a world traveler, uplifting artists around the globe with her art and drawing from their rich cultures and experiences to inform her work and evolving practice. Today, she is sharing her journey, skills, and motivation with others as an educator. Her work continues to teach us about the value of accepting your individuality and allowing your distinct style of creativity to flourish.