In this Bundle Courses option you will have full access to both of Helen Shafer Garcia's online courses, "Learning to see-Drawing in Journals" and "Poetic Watercolor." By purchasing the bundle option you will automatically save 15%. Read below to learn more about each course. Feel free to watch the Promo videos with snippets inside the course.
Description for "Learning to see- Drawing in Journals":
Are you new to drawing? Are you curious about how to improve your skills as a budding artist and learn creative ways to draw? Would you like to be guided by a world-renowned instructor who will show you how to break away from judgement and draw in a mindful and observational way?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you are in the right place. Helen Shafer Garcia has brought her well known drawing methods and techniques exclusively to Create Arts Online. In this online course, you will watch Helen work in real time as she demonstrates her easy to achieve methods of drawing simple objects while adding color, shading, and other art elements.
In this course you will learn:
- Why working in a journal feels safe and gratifying
- Helen’s favorite journal, pencils, and pens
- How to choose objects that will help you achieve success
- How to connect lines that give you confidence
- A variety of methods to experiment with
- How to explore creative imagery while adding botanical and geometric shapes
- The Step-by-step process from a simple shape to an arrangement of colorful objects
- Colored combinations through demonstration with a pen and other pencils for shading
In this course Helen will dive into important “art speak” terms such as: Value, color theory, intensity, contour, and negative space. Helen will help you see the shapes around the objects to expand your drawing skills. Helen also shares her collage method, which will add texture and depth to your work.
This course is great for anyone that wants to learn to draw for the first time or improve their skills. There are so many ways to learn, with Helen’s talents and knowledge you will be starting off on the right foot and creating page after page in your personal journal in no time.
Included in this course is a PDF for download of the suggested tools, materials, and resources.
Description for "Poetic Watercolor":
There are many methods for learning to paint with watercolors. Wouldn’t you love to have a safe place to learn and practice watercolor techniques without feeling judged or doubting your skills? How would you like to learn from a world renowned watercolor artist who can teach you simple techniques and tricks to make you feel accomplished?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we have a wonderful and creative online course for you. Helen Shafer Garcia brings her watercolor methods and techniques to this course, but she also adds her spin by introducing two styles of poetry to add to your work. Being able to create in a safe environment while filling a journal of all your works is one of the most creative and gratifying ways to practice your art skills.
In this online course you will learn:
- How to create a safe place to work without doubt and judgement
- Helen’s favorite journal, watercolor paints, stencils, and pens
- How to design with color and shapes.
- Simple drawing techniques using the contour method
- How to use a Tombow pen to create light to dark values
- How to use the “dropped in” color method adding beautiful color fusions
- How stencils can add depth and dimension to your work
- How to use negative space and how it will complement the foreground objects
- How to glaze with watercolors to create depth and luminosity
Helen will demonstrate ways to add interest to your composition through a variety of techniques. She will show you how to bring certain images forward while giving the background texture and dimension.
Adding poetry to your work adds a literary quality, and helps you to share what the journey and image represent. Using this method is like adding a layer of paint made from words that remind you of where and why you created the piece.
There is a PDF included in this course of the suggested supplies and resources.
Helen Shafer Garcia is a painter, mixed media, book arts, ceramics artist and